Thursday, May 29, 2008

Painful Fun

It's not always that you go into something that is so damn difficult to master. But sometimes you do it anyway not because you are some kind of a psychotic nut looking for pain but because it has its benefits. For me Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is torture, that's right - torture, mainly because I am so damn unfit. But I have been making some headway the past 7 months, thanks mainly to Quico and all the other guys at Brutal BJJ Malaysia.

So what is the benefit you ask? For me it's the 10kgs I have lost so far (and counting I hope) and a wee bit of mental toughness that I've gained. I don't know how long I will be doing this, but I will keep at it while these old aching joints can hold up.

1 comment:

Quico said...

With those strong joints... I´ll say 30 years more.

Now the excuse is the joints.. IC

:)

Thanks for existing Kenu