Sunday, June 22, 2008

Looking Ahead - 13 Years & Counting


The girls will be 5 this coming October which gives me approximately 13 years to save up for their tertiary education assuming of course that 1. they qualify and 2. they actually want to do it. 13 years is actually not a long time and the girls being twins do not make things any easier.

But still, this was what I signed up for when we decided to have kids and hopefully I won't let them down when the time comes. I have never given much thought on how my parents managed to give me a tertiary education prior to this despite our obvious penury but believe me I am thinking about it a lot.

Perhaps if it were not to much to ask, my only hope is that the government would have by then scrapped the discriminatory policies currently being employed in Malaysia. Perhaps by then the girls just may qualify for a place in a local university based on merits, but then again I am not holding my breath.

No comments: