Saturday, April 24, 2010

FightZone Rio In Da House


Just a short post. Today I had my 1st roll with BJJ Black Belt, Leke who hails all the way from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Leke fights with the CheckMat team and is an instructor at FightZone Rio.

Of course it goes without saying I gassed badly and used everything in my 'arsenal' and got owned pretty badly. Felt like the first day of BJJ class all over again. The fantastic thing about it is that I think Leke was only using 10% of his skills against our 100%. All said and done I can't wait for the next roll. It's when you get pummelled that you learn I suppose. (I think I might have learnt a new sweep). Nothing beats rolling with a black belt.

Of course, after class it was makan time. This is Malaysia after all.














That's Leke on the right

p.s. - Leke will be with us for a month, so if you are in Kuala Lumpur, swing by the academy for classes. It's an opportunity not to be missed

Click on this link for the academy's location via google maps:Persiaran Mahogani,Petaling Jaya,Malaysia


Posted from my iPhone

No comments: