Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pantai Tanjung Tembeling






fishnet is strung along these poles to trap fish brought in by the tides



The sea is about a kilometer out at this hour



Shark that was trapped by the low tide


Siput. These things can be at least 5 inches long


Low Tide


This little stretch of beach has been a haunt of mine since I was a kid. This is a less popular beach compared to its more famous sibling, the Teluk Cempedak beach. I've always liked this beach since it is generally less crowded and when the tide is out you can walk out half a kilometer to a kilometer towards the sea and explore the mudflats to your heart's content.

I had my kids with me along this time and it was cool teaching and explaining to them about the ecosystem of the coastline, the flora and fauna of this particular beach. Mind you, I'm no expert, it's just stuff I've picked up along the way trolling this beach all these years past.

If you are interested, here's the map to the beach




View Pantai Tg Tembeling in a larger map

No comments: