Friday, November 6, 2009

Time Flies Y'all (Blue Skies and Everything Nice)


This morning I had a chat with the Mrs and it dawned upon me that the kids will the starting their Standard 1 in 2 months time. It wasn't that long ago that the Stork brought them in, I can still remember it like it was yesterday..both of them wrapped up in their blankets and easily fitting between my palms and the crook of my elbows.

What brought about the conversation was that there were a lot of things that were still needed to be taught to the girls before they start school. Simple stuff like how to buy things with their pocket-money, how to tell time or even how not to talk to strangers. It may seem a long time ago, but I still remember these same lessons as they were taught to me by my parents some 30 plus years ago.

As usual the bulk of these 'lessons' will be handled by Sumi. I don't aknowledge it often enough but Sumi is THE PERFECT mom for the kids. I am not home during the day so I don't actually see how the kids are being guided daily but as I see how the kids have progressed so far, I know they are in perfect hands.

Good kids and a good loving wife. What more can a guy ask for? Nothing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: