Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Can An Average Person Do This?



Like a lot of other guys out there, I love my UFC. The discipline that these guys have and not to mention their mental toughness is to put it mildly, awe-inspiring. I've watched this fight quite a few times on the Mac and I can appreciate the hours these guys have to put in to get to where they are today.

While not aspiring to be like these athletes, I sometimes have to ask myself, can I even put in 10% of what these guys put in to be in shape and not get a heart attack by the age of 40? Oklah, 5%. Well in the past year the waist has gone down to size 36 from God knows what previously (too shy to mention).

To put things in perspective, I've only attended 2 BJJ classes in the past month and have basically given gym a miss since Lordz of Pain in March.

Sigh, it's a bloody long and winding road.

P/S : sorry but the voice/sound is out of sync with the video, but enjoy the fight nevertheless. It's between Yoshiyuki Yoshida & Jon “War Machine” Koppenhaver in UFC 84 "Ill Will"

No comments: